- This year’s high school retreat is coming up on the weekend of October 24-26, and once again, we’ll be spending our weekend together at the Stoltzfus family cabin near Black Butte, enjoying homemade food, a hike to the top of the Butte, swimming, laughter, adventure.
- sturdy shoes or boots (for hiking in snow)
- heavy jacket (waterproof or water resistant)
- warm hat or beanie
- pants – 2 pair (including a pair of snow pants if you have them)
- shirts – 2
- socks – 2 or 3 pair (including a pair of wool socks if you have them)
- fleece or wool sweatshirt
- underwear – 2 or 3 pair
- sleeping bag
- toothpaste, toothbrush
- water bottle
- contact solution (if you wear contacts)
- any other necessary hygiene products
- lip balm, carmex, blistex
- camera (if you want to take photos)
Please bring layers, a warm jacket, and appropriate footwear (with extra socks), as Saturday’s hike may involve snow. Pay attention to the packing list below, as you are preparing for our weekend together in Central Oregon.
Please register online if you’re planning to come so we can plan appropriately for food, transportation and other logistical concerns.
We’ll leave from NFC at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 24, and return around noon on Sunday, October 26. Cost is $60. Scholarship assistance is available.